Sunday, July 8, 2012

Complete Stories of O Henry

O Henry (1862-1910)

I get the feeling that some literary snobs might look down on O Henry. To them I bite my thumb. O Henry is just super fun to read. His stories focus on a time, place, and class of people that might not be found in the history books too often, but working class people in New York or in the west make for some great characters. Generally you get a great setting, mostly New York, a colloquial talking character and a twist at the end. The narration is also playful and creative. This guy's the master. Start with "The Last Leaf" and go from there.

Rating 9.5/10: Nothing will cheer you up or bring a tear to your eye in 15 minutes better than an O Henry story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your info – I have certainly
picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical
issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I
am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising
and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.

Check out my web page :: Nike Air Jordan